If you are in Europe on an extended trip, you cannot miss a trip to Copenhagen. The capital of Denmark was among the most-visited cities in the continent, and there’s something for everyone here. In fact, Copenhagen is famed as the happiest city in the world. The city is considerably old and was once a quaint fishing village. Today, it’s a thriving city, a commercial center, and yet, you should be able to find a nice corner to have your hotdog. In this post, we create a list of things that are worth knowing before you come here in Copenhagen.
What to experience?
- If you are a foodie, this is a city that will surprise you for the right reasons. You can head straight to Paper Island, also called Papirøen, to enjoy diverse cuisines. The steaks here are worth paying every penny. For those who are interested in local spices and produce, Torvehallerne street food market is a good choice.
- You cannot come to this city and not visit Tivoli Gardens. Counted among the best theme parks in Europe. This is where you can explore some of the historic rides, including the much-famed Rutschebanen Rollercoaster.
- Get to the top of Rundetårn if you want to experience an unknown side of the city. There are no stairs here, but an incline, but as you summit to Rundetårn, you can get some great views. Yes, this is a paid thing, but worth an experience.
- Don’t miss the Rosenborg Castle in Copenhagen, which is one of the best ones in Denmark. The history and architecture of this place is unlike anything that you have experienced, and we promise that the tour is worth it.
- Do include a boat tour. You can head to Nyhavn harbour area, from where you can get organized tours that are worth exploring. Like many other European cities, Copenhagen has great waterways.
Not to miss, you have to make time for Den Blå Planet, which is counted among the best aquariums in the world. If you are in mood to party and enjoy some live music, head straight to Blågårdsgade, which is also popular among locals.
Where to stay?
This is a city that has something for every budget. Hotels are good, but if you wish to enjoy both privacy and well-designed rooms, you can consider Copenhagen hotel apartments Denmark. Hotel apartments are designed to ensure that guests have a home of their own, with all the right facilities. From a health club to big penthouses for a large group with a sea view, the attractions cannot be denied. Some of the best properties are located in Østerbro, also called Copenhagen East.
Things to know
People are pretty friendly in Copenhagen, so you shouldn’t have issues asking for directions. It is also a good idea to consider an extended stay, to explore more of the small aspects of this city. For those in search of adventure, it is possible to go kayaking in certain areas of the waterways.